How Can I Make Money Online?
I’m going to reveal how I make most of my money online (step-by-step instructions below and a traffic screenshot, so keep reading)…you’ll be surprised at how “uncomplicated” it really is. Many stay at home moms visit my blog and other blogs like mine because they’re asking one simple question, “How can I make money online?”
You might be asking this question because you want to stay home with your children and yet you want to help supplement your household income by earning money at home.
I can relate with you totally because I am a mom of 3 wonderful boys…I homeschool and am active in ministries in my home church (Sunday school teacher, church bus route, choir, nursing home ministry, monthly church activities, etc.). I also have the privilege of working from home…and want to show you how you can too…and help you avoid all the fluff and scams online.
I’ve decided to narrow down my focus on my blog and start promoting only two main ways to make money online… #1 Affiliate Marketing and #2 Selling your own information products. I’ll first cover the topic of affiliate marketing in this post because it’s such a great place to start making money online. *Creating your own info products can optimize this opportunity…so keep that idea on the back burner for later. (Stick with me here…and I’m going to teach you some simple basics that can change your income.)
Why affiliate marketing? Let’s face it, moms are super busy people. You might be homeschooling or caring for little ones that require a lot of your time. You might even be holding down a job but would really love to work from home where your hours are more flexible.
It’s true that some moms thrive on hosting home parties and interacting with people locally. That’s fine if that’s you. But direct selling and hosting home parties can still be tough to pull off because it can require finding a babysitter to watch over your kids as well as added car and gas expenses and can take time away from home more than you had planned.
So, for you those of you who are looking for something that you can do completely at home…no shipping products, no home parties, no customer service hassles, no big startup expenses, etc…then, I’m glad to tell you that “affiliate marketing” can be the perfect fit for you!
Basically, you’ll need to:
1. Select a niche that has good potential to be profitable. (Use “Affiliate Niche Research Packs” to quickly find a profitable niche…the keyword research is already done for you, plus suggested affiliate programs and more! You’ll really love it…and it will take the guess work out of getting started in your niche.)
2. Buy a domain name and hosting to set up a basic WordPress blog in your niche. Mom Webs is a budget-wise hosting resource for moms to get started — at only $15 per quarter for the “mini plan” — Plus, they can help you with WordPress blog installation.
(Don’t worry about learning all the ins and outs overnight — just work on getting a simple blog set up. Learn all about blogging at Smart Blogging Skills — This skill will be one of your best investments online!)
3. Sign up for affiliate programs to promote for your niche. Find ones with high quality products that will make your customers happy that they took your advice to buy from that company….again, Affiliate Niche Research Packs can help you find some good affiliate programs related to your niche.
But, you can do your own research using affiliate networks such as LinkShare, ShareaSale, and Commission Junction or for digitial products, Clickbank. (For extra help on choosing good affiliate programs read my blog post, “4 tips to choosing good affiliate programs that result in bigger profits“.)
4. Start adding content to your blog to draw traffic from the search engines. (There’s lots of easy, free ways to draw traffic to your site, but content marketing is going to be your main focus! I’ll be sharing some of the easiest ways for you moms to promote your blogs and affiliate links in the upcoming weeks.)
If you’re worried about writing content, don’t worry — you can bookmark my site, PLRContentShop.com, which will keep you up to date on some of the latest private label content that you can use on your blogs…the bonus is that you can rewrite the content anyway you want and you won’t have to link back to any writers when you use PLR content.
What will keep you from succeeding?
1. Losing focus
I suggest you pick one good niche and stick with it for the long haul until it starts bringing in a steady stream of income and then you can expand to other subniches later. Too many people lose focus (Yup, I’ve been there too) when they get involved in too many niches. You spread yourself too thin…and that’s a bad thing for moms!
2. Quitting too soon
It takes time (and good content) to get a new blog drawing in good, consistent traffic.
I recently started a new blog in a new niche. (I won’t reveal the name here, for obvious reason as I don’t want people simply copying my affiliate niche sites.) But for three months I just consistently added content daily and kept promoting my affiliate links within the posts. No sales… Finally, on the third month sales started trickling in…Yay! My first 6 sales.
I actually did this using all PLR content. Of course, I probably could have generated traffic much faster had I rewritten my PLR content and optimized it for keywords better. But, I did most of the bare minimum to find out the results.
Here’s a screenshot I took today:
Now, I just got started toward the end of August…and for September I had 516 unique visitors, October I doubled my traffic at 1, 038 and November I had even more visitors. December is only half over as of right now, so if I keep up consistently, I’ll beat November’s traffic.
So this shows you that you can indeed make money online without writing your own content or doing a lot of promotion. (Mine is just in test phase). Now realize, if you do write some unique content as well and do extra promotion, your results should be tons better than mine. You just need the right training and direction.
Now if you’re asking, “how can I make money online with affiliate marketing” starting today I’ll share two good resources to get you started…
Two resources that you can trust for Affiliate marketing training:
- Affiliate Success System (This is an all-in-one affiliate marketing course takes you by the hand and gives you step-by-step instruction for setting up your affiliate blog.)
- Daily Affiliate Tasks (If you’re one of those people who need tasks and information broken down in smaller chunks to digest…and led forward, then this can be the option for you…with about 30 minutes per day.)
P.S. – Would love to hear from you! Make my day and submit your comments and questions